Caladair Carma Smart Eco Commercial MVHR Units
Please Note – These units are built to order
For a lead time on these Caladair Commercial Units please contact our sales team on 028 28 275 150
The CARMA® range is a PLUG&PLAY and self-regulating dual flow handling unit.
Its static, EUROVENT certified counter-flow exchanger provides with a very high efficiency (90%), in compliance with the European Eco-design Directive.
The CARMA® range is part of the CALADAIR Econological® solution program and improves indoor air quality.
- Airflow rate of 750 - 7700 m3/h @ 200Pa
- Airflow rate ranges from 200 to 8000 m3/h
- User friendly control panel with LCD display
- Double skin panel construction
- Pre-painted external sheet
- Aluminium frame with thermal break sealing
- Airflow monitoring pressure sensors
- Managed dehumidification module
- High efficiency electronic commutation (EC) motors
- Quiet operation
- 100% summer bypass
- 100% Adjustable air flow rates
- Free cooling and night cooling functions
- 90% Heat recovery efficiency
- Digital controller
- Optional electric or water heaters and coolers
- Frost protection
- Multiple control options
- 2 Year Warranty
There are 7 different models in the Carma range, the range covers flow rates from 200 to 8000 m3/h.
The CARMA range is available in 5 versions:
SEASON: Central for use in moderate climatic zone, intended for the renewal of air of buildings with energy recover, functioning summer/winter bypass, the regulation of flow spleens by potentiometer.
FIRST: Self-regulating unit for use in temperate climate areas.
SMART: Central self-regulated with electric drum kit of defrosting for compensation with outside temperature until -20°C
PREMIUM: Self-regulating unit fitted with a hot water coil or an electric coil for external temperatures down to -10°C
INFINATE: Ditto premium with an electrical pre-heating coil as standard for external temperatures down to -20°C
There are five available options of control
ECO: 1 or 2 selected adjustable airflows per fan
LOBBY: Flow rate at constant pressure
DIVA: Proportional flow rate adjustment of each fan according to CO2 level.
MAC2: Constant flow adjustment of each fan (low and high speed)
QUATTRO: CO2 sensor for airflow modulation between 2 adjustable constant airflows
LCD controller functions:
- Weekly timer
- Holiday timer
- Flow rate settings
- Temperature sensors
- Checking and display of faults
1 x F7 opacimetric filter on the fresh air intake and 1 x GV gravimetric filter on the extracted air intake.
Mounted on runners with lip seals to ensure effective air tightness.
- Structure in aluminium profile with thermal breaks using polyamide spacers built in to the profile.
- Insulation is 50 mm high density
- Brackets crimped into the structure for fixing to the ground (9008 to 9070) or ceiling (9008 to 9035). Access to internal components by security latch on removable panels.
- 100% internal bypass, motorised and self-regulating.
- Corners in reinforced polyamide.
- Double skin panels 10/10
- The external face is pre-lacquered with a protective film in colour RAL 7035
- Internal face is galvanised steel
- Brackets crimped into the structure for fixing to the ground or ceiling
- Condensate tray and removal of condensates.
Static heat exchanger with high efficiency against the current with aluminium plate.
More than 90% efficiency under operating conditions:
Fresh air: -10°C/90%
Return air: 20°C/50%
Automatic defrosting by opening the bypass and if necessary adjustment of the fresh airflow on FIRST and PREMIUM versions.
Fans with free impellers.
Directive drive DC motor with high efficiency electronic commutation.
Low sound levels for better acoustic comfort.
The unit can be vertical or horizontal (except CARMA 9048 and 9070).
Indoors or outdoors
In false ceiling (9008 to 9035)
Insulation of Ductwork
We recommend you use Metal Spiral ducting and fittings due to superior strength
To provide the best performance in airtightness and durability we recommend You provide greater mechanical strength to a joint by using self-sealing fittings or a combination of Ducting Sealant and Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape
- Apply Duct sealant to the male fitting
- Push together
- Apply Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape over joint
It is important that any ducting located in a cold area (e.g. loft space) to be insulated. The insulation needs to be the equivalent of 25mm thick and have a thermal conductivity of 0.04W/(m.k) or less.
This ensures that condensation doesn’t form due to the difference in air temperature inside the duct when compared to the air temperature in the cold space.
If you don’t have a loft space there is still a need for insulated ducting on the intake and exhaust legs, as they will be carrying cold air in a warm space. The level of insulation can be achieved by wrapping PVC duct in a layer of 25mm duct wrap that has a silver foil face on a 25mm rockwool
It is also worth noting that foil wrap with air bubbles (bubble wrap) is no longer applicable in building control regulations
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
2-year parts guarantee
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Authorised Caladair distributors
- In-House design service
- In-House Technical support
- Specialists in easy to install DIY systems
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- 0% Finance available
- Technical Specification
Caladair Carma Technical Specification
Caladair Carma 9008 / 9010 /9016 / 9023 / 9035 / 9048 / 9070
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Up to 90%
Airflow rate Max m3/h
200 - 9000
Airflow rate @ -Pa m3/h
750 - 7700 @ 200Pa
Max dwelling size M2 @.3 ACH
Max dwelling size M2 @ .5ACH
Max room extraction
Specific fan power (lowest)
135 - 405 Kg
1 x F7 and 1 x G4
Pre/ Post Heater
Sound level @3m db.(a)
Ceiling / Floor
2 rear – 2 front ductwork connections
Duct Diameter (mm)
4 x side connections 315 / 315 / 400 / 450 / 500 / 630 / 1100 x 500
2 years: parts only
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (Aluminium)
Standard remote LCD display control
Boost Switch control
No (optional timer box)
Interactive App Control
Internal Humidity control
Available room sensors
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
Caladair Carma Catalogue
- Further Information
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight