Caladair Exaeco Commercial Air Handling Unit
Please Note – These units are built to order
For a lead time on these Caladair Exaeco Commercial Units please contact our sales team on 028 2827 5150
Exaeco energy recovery unit provides thermal comfort and optimal treatment of indoor air quality. These self-regulating, highly efficient units are ideal for office and commercial applications. Exaeco units recover up to 80% of energy and provide new levels of air filtration, air purification, control and optimisation of energy consumption.
- Recovers up to 80% of energy
- Flow rates from 5000 to 220000 m3/h
- Large application scope from group housing to the service sector and even hospital applications
- FEE – free energy efficiency
- Maximum optimised of energy gains
- Energy savings up to 40%
- Free cooling
- Cold recovery
- Night time cooling
- CO2 probe on exhaust air, maintains a suitable CO2 rate
- Improves indoor quality, Pure and Eden models purify your indoor environment
- 3 ways module mixing system controlled by regulation system and provide anti-freeze, insulation and fire safety
- Caladair Exaeco 10
- Caladair Exaeco 13
- Caladair Exaeco 17
- Caladair Exaeco 22
The Caladair Exaeco unit is available in 4 sizes and 8 models, the ranges cover airflow rates from 5000 to 22000 m3/h.
Exaeco®: self-regulated energy recovery unit without heating coils, with FEE® function for optimisation of energy consumption.
Exaeco Elite®: The Exaeco unit combined with the Elite module for climate comfort with the choice of one or a combination of two heating coils: water heating coil, electric heating coil, changeover coil, water cooling coil, direct expansion coil, cold only or reversible.
Elite modules can be fitted with:
- Hot water coil only (H).
- Electric heating coil (E).
- Hot water coil and cold-water coil (HC).
- Electric heating coil and cold-water coil (EC).
- Hot water coil and direct expansion coil (HDX).
- Electric heating coil and direct expansion coil (EDX).
- Changeover water coil (CO).
- Cold water coil only (C).
- Cold direct expansion coil only (DX) or reversible (DXR). The direct expansion coil is managed by the outdoor unit. An interface (optional) to the Exaeco® unit regulation system sends a signal to start the chiller unit.
Exaeco Pure®: Exaeco unit combined with the PURE module incorporating new and patented technology allowing indoor air to be purified without regular maintenance. Through its instant double action of pollution/contamination removal action combined with the removal of smells, PURE radically removes micro-organisms, viruses, bacteria, mildew, chemical pollutants and all odorous wastes by a unique and patented physical-chemical process.
Exaeco Eden®: Exaeco® unit coupled with the Eden module combining the various configurations of the climatic comfort offered in the Elite and the new treatment of indoor air offered by the Pure module.
Exaeco units are fitted with high efficiency F7 opacimetric filters with a large filter surface for both extract and supply air. Filters are mounted upstream of the components to ensure they are protected. Filters are accessed by pivoting doors with progressive locking handles and safety latch.
- Constructed of aluminium profile with thermal break using polyamide spacers built into the profile
- Corners in reinforced polyamide
- Double skins 10/10th panels
- High density 50mm high density A1 insulation
- External RAL 7035 pre-lacquered external surface with protective film
- Internal surfaces constructed of galvanised steel
- 30/10 galvanised heavy gauge frame
- Elite, Pure and Eden modules are on 30/10 galvanised feet
- Pivoting doors with locked handles, safety latch on all doors
Exaeco units’ feature plug motor fans in epoxy-treated galvanised steel. The position of the fans minimises return air leaking to the air blast and limits the leakage rate caused by the rotating heat exchanger. The fans are direct drive DC motor with highly efficiency electronic commutation EC thermal cut-out and speed variation integrated in Exaeco 10 models.
Caladair Exaeco units are easy to install and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor installation. The units are easy to use and maintain with access to internal elements through doors.
Insulation of Ductwork
We recommend you use Metal Spiral ducting and fittings due to superior strength. To provide the best performance in airtightness and durability we recommend You provide greater mechanical strength to a joint by using self-sealing fittings or a combination of Ducting Sealant and Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape.
- Apply Duct sealant to the male fitting
- Push together
- Apply Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape over joint
It is important that any ducting located in a cold area (e.g. loft space) to be insulated. The insulation needs to be the equivalent of 25mm thick and have a thermal conductivity of 0.04W/(m.k) or less.
This ensures that condensation doesn’t form due to the difference in air temperature inside the duct when compared to the air temperature in the cold space.
If you don’t have a loft space there is still a need for insulated ducting on the intake and exhaust legs, as they will be carrying cold air in a warm space. The level of insulation can be achieved by wrapping PVC duct in a layer of 25mm duct wrap that has a silver foil face on a 25mm rockwool
It is also worth noting that foil wrap with air bubbles (bubble wrap) is no longer applicable in building control regulations.
Hexamotion models are compatible with a range of ducting systems. A full range of controls, sensors, silencers and valves/diffusers are also available to complete installation of your ventilation system.
2-year parts guarantee.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised Caladair distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- Technical Specification
Caladair Exaeco 10 / 13 / 17 / 22
Energy Recovery efficiency %
Up to 80%
Airflow rate Max m3/h
5000 - 22000
Airflow rate @ 300Pa m3/h
6000 - 12000
Max dwelling size M2 @.3 ACH
Max dwelling size M2 @ .5ACH
Max room extraction
Compliant with ErP2009/125/EC
Specific fan power (lowest)
1120 - 1850 Kg
Pre/ Post Heater
Sound level @3m db.(a)
64 - 80
2 rear – 2 front ductwork connections
Duct Diameter (mm)
4 x side connections 1110 x 706 / 1310 x 806 /
1560 x 806 / 1770 x 906
2 years: parts only
Country of manufacture
Aluminium rotating heat exchanger
External remote-control LCD display
Boost Switch control
No (optional timer box)
Interactive App Control
Internal Humidity control
Available room sensors
Outdoor temperature probe, air supply probe,
return air temperature probe, CO2 probe,
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm System Integration
- Download Documentation
Heat RecoveryCaladair Exaeco Product Catalogue
- Further Information
Flow Rates and Configuration
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight