Caladair Freetime Smart Eco Commercial MVHR Units
Please Note – These units are built to order
For a lead time on these Caladair Freetime Commercial Units please contact our sales team on 028 2827 5150
Top quality commercial heat recovery unit, vertically mounted. Each unit is individually manufactured to suit multiple applications and specifications. The Freetime range is self-regulating dual flow handling unit with MODBUS communication, dedicated to tertiary sector and industrial applications.
- Airflow rates from 100 – 3500 m3/h
- Remote LCD display Panel
- Up to 80% heat recovery
- Ultra-Quiet Thermal Insulated Double skin construction
- Energy efficient electronic commutation (EC) fan motors
- High efficiency, variable speed rotating exchanger (>80%), EUROVENT certified for AARE units
- Aluminium rotary heat exchanger
- Duct connections with integrated seals
- Digital controller
- Optional electric or water heaters and coolers
- Very quiet operation
- 100% Summer Bypass
- 100% Adjustable air flow rates
- Frost protection
- Multiple control options
- 2 Year Warranty
- 4 x top spigots
- Possible integration via Modbus, Bacnet or web
There are four models to choose from
SEASON: unit for use in temperate climate zones, suited for air circulation in buildings with energy recovery, bypass summer/winter mode, the flow rate is adjustable by potentiometer. The SEASON model is the basic model and doesn’t include self-regulation and has no coil or battery.
FIRST: a self-regulating unit for use in temperate climate zones, has temperature management for optimal energy consumption and comfort of climate. Does not have an integrated coil or battery.
PREMIUM BE: the same as FIRST, but is also equipped with an electric heater for exterior temperatures as low as -20 degrees Celsius
PREMIUM BC: the same as FIRST, but also equipped with a hot water heater for exterior temperatures as low as -20 degrees Celsius
There are four available options of control
Lobby: LCD controller used to control fans at constant pressure
Diva: Integral Co2 sensor and airflow management controlled by the LCD controller
Mac2: constant airflow between 2 adjustable airflows
Quattro: Integral Co2 sensor for airflow modulation between 2 adjustable constant airflows
LCD controller functions
- Weekly timer
- Holiday timer
- Summer by-pass - night time cooling
- Fault finding
- Speed Parameters
- Filter indicator
- Fire alarm integration
- Temperature sensors
Possible integration via Mobus, Bacnet or web
1x F7 on the supply air and a G4 filter on the extracted air
- Outer construction is of airtight 10-gauge galvanised steel double-skin panels with an internal 25mm high density mineral wool insulation in accordance with EN1886
- The external face is pre-lacquered with a protective film in colour RAL 7035
- Circular branch connections with rubber seals
- Airtight construction to (ATEC CSTB n° 13-224-12)
Highly efficient aluminium rotary heat exchanger that can provide up to 80% heat recovery and designed for lifetime use
- High-efficiency, direct-drive DC motors with electronic commutation (EC) thermal protection and variable speed built-in.
- EC technology is an econological® solution that guarantees low energy consumption (RT2012) for the management, monitoring and control of the operating point (flow adjustment from 10 to 100% percent)
- Low noise level for improved acoustic comfort
The unit is vertically mounted on the floor
The condensate drain point consisting of a metal 15mm BSP pipe is provided on the side of the unit that should be connected to a drain via a waterless trap
Insulation of Ductwork
We recommend you use Metal Spiral ducting and fittings due to superior strength
To provide the best performance in airtightness and durability we recommend You provide greater mechanical strength to a joint by using self-sealing fittings or a combination of Ducting Sealant and Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape
- Apply Duct sealant to the male fitting
- Push together
- Apply Aluminium Duct Sealing Tape over joint
It is important that any ducting located in a cold area (e.g. loft space) to be insulated. The insulation needs to be the equivalent of 25mm thick and have a thermal conductivity of 0.04W/(m.k) or less.
This ensures that condensation doesn’t form due to the difference in air temperature inside the duct when compared to the air temperature in the cold space.
If you don’t have a loft space there is still a need for insulated ducting on the intake and exhaust legs, as they will be carrying cold air in a warm space. The level of insulation can be achieved by wrapping PVC duct in a layer of 25mm duct wrap that has a silver foil face on a 25mm rockwool.
It is also worth noting that foil wrap with air bubbles (bubble wrap) is no longer applicable in building control regulations
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
2-year parts guarantee
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Authorised Caladair distributors
- In-House design service
- In-House Technical support
- Specialists in easy to install DIY systems
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- 0% Finance available
- Technical Specification
Caladair Freetime Technical Specification
Caladair Freetime 500 / 800 /1500 / 2000 / 2700 / 3500
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Up to 80%
Airflow rate Max m3/h
100 – 3500
Airflow rate @ -Pa m3/h
550 - 3300 @ 200Pa
Max dwelling size M2 @.3 ACH
Max dwelling size M2 @ .5ACH
Max room extraction
Specific fan power (lowest)
135 - 432 Kg
1 x F7 and 1 x G4
Pre/ Post Heater
Sound level @3m db.(a)
57 - 63
Ceiling / Floor
2 rear – 2 front ductwork connections
Duct Diameter (mm)
4 x top connections – 200 / 250 / 315 / 355 / 400 / 450
2 years: parts only
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (Aluminium)
Standard remote LCD display control
Boost Switch control
No (optional timer box)
Interactive App Control
Internal Humidity control
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, PIR
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
Caladair Freetime Catalogue
- Further Information
Caladair Freetime Flow Rates and Configuration
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated dispatch team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at low costs, delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance.
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability.
Delivery is available within 48-72 hrs, depending on method of transport, for hundreds of stock items.
Customers receiving a pallet delivery will be emailed on day of dispatch advising of delivery date. Parcel deliveries will be notified via email or SMS directly from DPD.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Liam Connolly (Roadfreight) Ltd
- Speedy Freight