Domus HRX2-D DIY Heat Recovery System Kit
New and improved unit that replaces the HRX-2B range also note that Polypipe and Silavent have now merged into Domus Ventilation
Complete DIY Kit of a Domus HRX2-D MVHR unit and Radial Ducting
Our Comprehensive DIY Kits have everything you should require to install a top quality Heat recovery system to building control regulations.
Please note - You can purchase the heat recovery unit with or without the ductwork on this listing
MAIN KIT FEATURES:
- Domus HRX2-D heat recovery unit
- Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Radial Ducting
- Will provide a quiet and efficient system that is suitable for any competent or trades-person to easily install
- All products in kits can be changed to suit your specific needs
- Free delivery to UK Mainland or Ireland address, Worldwide Delivery is available
- Free Technical support by our in-house technical team (multiple telephone lines)
- Free design service, Our In-house designers can provide a easy to follow plan to building control standards with required air flow rates
- Commissioning, We have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide
- Installation, The systems are suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required
- Kits and products are in stock ready for delivery
- Any products not required can be returned (excluding return delivery cost)
- Any extra products required will be discounted to the Kit Price (excluding delivery)
Domus HRX2-D Heat Recovery Unit
Whilst the HRX2D is easy and quick to install, commission and maintain, it also provides Specific Fan Powers as low as 0.57W/(l/s) and a high heat exchange efficiency up to 94%; lowering Dwelling Emission Rates for a higher SAP rating.
Offering control functions such as frost protection, temperature and humidity control, auto thermal bypass and independent fan speed control, the Bluebrain controller boasts a full complement of air quality and commissioning controls for improved air comfort.
- Bluebrain digital controller
- Internal humidity sensor
- Extracts up to 410 m3/hr @ 100 Pa
- Up to 94% thermal efficiency
- Suitable for houses up to 230M2
- summer bypass
- 2-year warranty
- 'A' energy rating
- Contoured EPP construction
Intelligently manages air conditions
Digital humidity control aiding homeowner comfort Through advanced AMIE technology, unlike typical humidity sensors, the Bluebrain HRX2D controller will enable occupants to have direct control over managing the humidity levels in their home - to suit personal comfort levels. By accurately measuring air humidity, the HRXD’s extract speed automatically changes from background to boost as the level of humidity increases, thereby providing optimal ventilation performance. Advanced thermal bypass control Perfect for night time cooling or during warmer periods, the HRX2D controller detects when the air temperature reaches a pre-set level and intelligently activates the thermal bypass mechanism to maximise the effect of maintaining fresh and filtered air. The thermal bypass is also programmable by time, for additional convenience and comfort
Commissioning made easier
Engineered to include independent speed control, the Bluebrain control allows quick and accurate commissioning through simple speed adjustment buttons.
Automated filter maintenance and replacement reminders
Ease of maintenance and filter replacement is an important consideration when choosing MVHR – not only to ensure performance of the unit is maximised and air quality maintained, but also for peace of mind.
The HRX2D Bluebrain control removes this concern by providing helpful maintenance reminders for cleaning its filters.
Building Management Systems (BMS)
The HRX2D controller incorporates volt free contacts for fault and filter cleaning indication, to work with a Building Management System
Summary of control features
• Includes advanced AMIE technology (Air Management for Indoor Environments)
• Power indicator
• Status indicator (frost protection, thermal bypass, etc.)
• Fault indicator with diagnostics
• Independent fan speed control
• Switched live inputs (signal triggers): - Mains level x 2 - Volt free to boost x 2 - Volt free to max x 1
• 3 variable speeds
• Clean filter indicator
• Frost protection
• Built in humidistat
• Run on boost timer
• Delay ‘on’ boost
• Pre-commissioning filter protection
• Discreet run monitor
• Lockable commissioning mode
• BMS features: - Pre-heater activation output - Remote shutdown - System healthy monitor and fault signals
• Time and date display
• Real time air temperature display
• Real time extract air humidity level display
• Easy to read, contemporary digital
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Authorised Domus distributors
- In-House design service
- In-House Technical support
- Specialists in easy to install DIY systems
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- 0% Finance available
- Ducting Kits
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Radial Ducting Kits with Domus HRX2-D MVHR
A heat recovery ventilation system is only as good as the ducting used
Following years of heat recovery design and installation BPC Ventilation are now able to provide high quality kits that will provide a quiet and efficient system exceeding building control regulations and are suitable for any competent person to successfully install
The Quiet-Vent radial semi rigid system combines the performance benefits of rigid duct and the installation benefits of flexible duct by treating each room individually with a dedicated 75mm duct run from two manifolds (distribution box) for supply and extract air at the heat recovery unit
Quiet-Vent Semi Rigid Duct is a perfect choice for MVHR Heat Recovery System Installations as it provides huge performance benefits whilst dramatically reducing installation time and installation risk on-site
- The pipes have a smooth bore that is hygienic, anti-static, non-porous and odourless which inhibits mould and bacteria growth with low air-flow resistance and has high sound absorption.
- The round 75mm pipe is supplied in 50-meter-long rolls and takes more than 13 Kilonewton’s per square metre of pressure to crush it and can even be buried in up to 3 metres of concrete.
- No noise transfer (talking, music etc) between rooms (As required and stated in the 2010 Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide).
- No noise generated by high volumes of air being pushed or sucked down ducting (common with branch systems).
- No joins in ducting so it cannot become dislodged if knocked or disturbed e.g. in loft spaces.
- 70% Quicker and easier to install compared to traditional branch systems.
- Metal distribution boxes – very robust and durable, various sizes.
- Can easily overcome site obstacles and can be worked through around joists with ease
- Fully cleanable and one of the only systems on the market that is - making it ideal for Heat Recovery System installations as it offers long-term Guaranteed Installed Performance
- Superior 100% airtightness as there is up to 85% less joins and any fittings use rubber seals
- Ideal for metal web and engineer joists
- SAP Appendix Q and Passive House Approved (classed as solid rigid on SAP)
Design and Supply
As leading heat recovery specialists our in-house designers can provide a comprehensive and bespoke design backed up with our technical experts that can answer any queries you may have,
Free delivery is included to any mainland UK or ROI address with this kit and with thousands of products in stock we are one of the few specialists that can provide quick or priority dispatch to any location using professional logistics companies, we are able to deliver to any other location on request,
If required all products in the kits can be changed or altered to suit your specific needs before dispatch and if you do require extra materials we will supply these to you at the same highly discounted rates,
Any products not required can be returned for a refund (excluding return delivery cost)
Installation and commissioning
All systems on completion of the installation require commissioning to insure it is working as intended, BPC have a network of commissioning engineers or we can supply you with a DIY air meter including a commissioning guide
The systems have been painstaking designed to be suitable for any competent person to install but we also have a large network of installers if required throughout the UK and Ireland if required
How does a Radial system work?
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventilation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to rigid ductwork.
Radial Ducting is a system of individual smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. The pipes have an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a manifold
The manifold takes mass airflow directly from the MVHR Heat Recovery Unit and allows lower rates to pass through to each individual room run eliminating noise transfer and increasing the efficiency of the heat recovery unit
The radial ducting is designed to be installed below the loft insulation to provide a superior heat retention over pre-insulated solid rigid above the loft insulation
Radial semi rigid ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
The radial semi rigid ducting is available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings.
Alternative duct options
We can also stock and supply Solid Rigid PVC, Galvanised Steel and Thermal EPP (foam) ducting if preferred
- Technical Specification
Technical Spec for the Domus HRX2-D Heat Recovery Unit
Polypipe Domus Silavent
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Digital control panel
Internal humidity sensor
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 7 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
935 x 683 x 530
Yes - Thermal
Yes - Motor
Sound level @3m db.(a)
10 - 39
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
BMS - KNX
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
Domus HRX2-D Installation
- Further Information
Contents for Quiet-Vent Kit with the HRX2-B
Description Part Number 8 Pt 9 Pt 10 Pt 11 Pt 12 Pt 13 Pt 14 Pt 15 Pt 16 Pt 125mm Airflow pvc extract valve 90000340 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 6 6 125mm Airflow pvc supply valve 90000339 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 9 10 150mm pipework x 1 meter P150-1 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 150mm pipe connector C150 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 150mm 90' bends B90150 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 Quiet-Vent 150mm x 500mm Flexi insulated sound attenuator with adaptors QV150F-SILENCER 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Metre foil backed glass fibre insulation INS22 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 150mm exterior grille S/steel louvered Cowl SSC150 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 10m roll 150mm insulated flexible ducting IFD150 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll silver foil tape 75mm ST75 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Roll builders strap 10 meter BS50 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Sealant - grey duct SE380 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Cable ties 550mm (Pack of 10) CT550 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Pro 75mm x 50 Metre Antibacterial Radial pipe (Quiet-Vent Pro Red) (75mm) QV75PR-Pro 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 6 Pro 90` Plenum Round Pipe (Quiet-vent) (75mm) QVPLEN90-Pro 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Pro Sealing Ring (pack of 10) (75mm) QV75SR- Pro 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 NEW QV 10 Pt Top Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-10150TE 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 NEW QV 15 Pt Rear Entry Distribution box 150 spigot (75mm) QV75-15180RE 1 1 2 2 Quiet-Vent Adaptor for Distribution box 180-150 QV- ADP180150 1 1 2 2
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated customer service team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at very low delivery costs, Delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability
Delivery is available within 48 hrs in most cases for hundreds of stock items. Our customer service teams always contact customers to confirm when delivery is required and to check that the goods can be received. Any problem from the customer’s end is accommodated and arrangements changed.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as Ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
- Specialist team fully conversant with all documentation requirements for a smooth order and delivery service.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Pallet Network
- Speedy freight