Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic 300ZH Horizontal Heat Recovery Unit – 449536
A horizontal ceiling mounted whole house heat recovery system with up to 81% heat exchange efficiency. Specifically designed for new build constructions with a high level of insulation.
The Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic Horizontal meets the latest requirements of the Building Regulations ADF for whole house system ventilation: System 4 - Continuous mechanical supply and extract with heat recovery.
Suitable for houses up to 170 m2 and meets the latest requirements of the Building Regulations ADF and ADL for whole house system ventilation:
- Vent Axia Horizontal Heat recovery unit
- Suitable for houses up to 170 m2
- Up to 78% heat recovery
- Mechanical summer by-pass
- Internal humidity sensor
- 5 Year warranty
- Complete with digital controller
- Multiple control options
- Frost protection
- 100% programmable and adjustable supply and extract rates
- Night time set back
2 x G3 with optional F5
The Lo-Carbon Sentinel Kinetic Horizontal models have three fully adjustable speeds and a purge setting (maximum airflow). Supplied with the unit is a digital controller that can be used to pre-set the speeds to any required airflow within the performance range.
Boost can be achieved with almost any type of sensor or switch including momentary.
Integral Humidity Sensor
The integral humidity sensor increases speed in proportion to relative humidity levels, saving energy and reducing noise. The sensor also reacts to small but rapid increases in humidity, even if the normal trigger threshold is not reached. This unique feature ensures adequate ventilation, even for the smallest wet room. The night time relative humidity setback feature suppresses nuisance tripping as humidity gradually increases with falling temperature
Fully insulated construction of galvanised steel.
The unit has 2 x low energy, high efficiency EC/DC motors
The Sentinel Kinetic Horizontal models designed to be horizontally mounted under a slab, with access for servicing and maintenance from below. When mounted in an unheated area ducting must be insulated. 200 Z models are 200mm deep, including condensate and mounting bracket.
The Condensate drain is through the 'atmosphere' end of the unit. Using the fittings supplied, the final condensate connection is made outside the unit and can be completed after installation.
Electrical and control connections are also made on the outside of the unit.
In addition to a choice of compatible ducting systems a full range of controls, sensors, in-line silencers, floor/wall/ceiling inlet and outlet diffusers are available to complete the installation.
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Authorised Vent-Axia distributors
- In-House design service
- In-House Technical support
- Specialists in easy to install DIY systems
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
- 0% Finance available
- Technical Specification
Vent Axia Horizontal 300ZH Technical Data
Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Horizontal 300ZH
Heat Recovery efficiency %
Boost Switch control
Yes - Momentary
Internal and optional external sensor
Airflow rate Max m3/h
Airflow rate @ 100Pa m3/h
Max dwelling size M2
Max room extraction
Kitchen plus 4 extraction points
Specific fan power (lowest)
Dimensions W x H x D (mm)
985 x 301 x 720
Yes 2 x G4 (optional 1xF7)
Sound level @3m db.(a)
Country of manufacture
Counterflow heat exchanger (PVC)
Available room sensors
Humidity, Timer, Pir
BMS - KNX
Yes - BMS
SAP Appendix Q
Alarm system integration
- Download Documentation
- Further Information
How to install a Vent Axia 300ZH
Vent Axia 300ZH Wiring Requirements
- 3amp switched spur beside unit
- Digital controller- Comes complete with 15 meter of 6 core alarm cable with a RJ45 connection
- Optional boost switch - 3 core 1.0mm cable from recessed single box to unit(recommended if bathrooms are further than 10 meter
- Further optional include - light switch, vent-wise controller,
- The low and high speed levels can be adjusted using the digital control
- further controls include- night time set speed set back - timed boost- sensor control - humidity sensor control - tempature control - summer bypass control - fault indication - filter indicator
- Position vent axia 300zh unit on floor or ceiling
- Install wiring for controllers (see bottom of page for further details)
- Install condensation drain from unit to internal or external drain
- Install wall /Soffit vents or roof vents (Minimum 1.5 meter apart) Pipes are 150mm diamater
- Position distribution boxes in the chosen location (proverbially in a central location minimising duct lengths )
- Install silencer (if specified) to air supply distribution box
- Install solid rigid ductwork and between distribution boxes and MVHR unit, (If possible allow for insulated flexible ductwork for final connections of MVHR unit )
- Install radial pipe into the distribution box ,
- Cut to length and install pipe into ceiling plenum, (insure you install rubber seal onto pipe) secure pipe in place with fixing band or pipe clips
Warning! There can be either one or two pipes going from the distribution box to the plenum depending on the required airflow , Always check plan that will indicate 1 or 2 pipes Install insulated rigid or insulated flexible ductwork to external vents Seal all open pipes to prevent debris and moisture ingress
Vent Axia 300ZH 2nd fix
- Trim ceiling Plenums to height of plasterboard (Easier to do before plastering ceilings)
- Install air valves to plenums (slightly open valve by two turns)
- Install all controllers
- Check that condensation drain has been fitted
- Switch unit on and follow the set up procedures
- Check air flow rates and commission system
Initial Design -
Pre designed plan - Please follow the plan ensuring the correct number of pipes to each area - Please note the plan is only a guide and you may have to reroute pipe work differently and reposition valves to suit layout of rooms
No Plan - If a design is not possible due to renovation, Retrofit or properties with multiple obstacles simply follow the listed recommendations
We would recommend that you
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the room air plenum if air flow requirement exceed 10 L/s or if length over 15 meters
- Install 2 x pipes from the distribution box to the air extract plenum in the main shower rooms and Kitchen
- All other areas only require a single pipe from the distribution box to the room air plenum
- Radial ductwork is suitable to be fitted below your loft insulation providing superior heat retention Insulate any ductwork or Manifold/ Distribution boxes with a minimum of 25mm thermal duct wrap that go above insulation in unheated attic spaces
- Slim-line manifolds are suitable for installation to concrete ceilings and only require a 100mm service void
- Position supply plenums approx. 500mm from corner of wall (avoid areas above beds and wardrobes)
- Position extraction plenums to outside of showers and above kitchen sink (not cooker)
- Only extract from a room with a open appliance (stove) if there is a supply with equal or higher airflow
BPC have years of experience in delivering equipment around the UK and other Worldwide destinations. Our dedicated customer service team work hard to ensure the highest standards are met so that your goods arrive on-time and in pristine condition.
Our market knowledge and experience allow us to match our service to meet your requirements swiftly and safely.
We offer free delivery on any order over £200 to any mainland UK or Ireland address
Worldwide delivery is possible on almost all our products at very low delivery costs, Delivery to countries outside the EU are normally delivered to the nearest customs office, port or terminal for the purchaser to collect and complete custom clearance
Please contact us to confirm shipping cost and availability
Delivery is available within 48 hrs in most cases for hundreds of stock items. Our customer service teams always contact customers to confirm when delivery is required and to check that the goods can be received. Any problem from the customer’s end is accommodated and arrangements changed.
These checks are part of a unique commitment to building relationships with customers, understanding their specific delivery needs and responding to them positively and promptly.
We deliver on Service
- Key components such as Ductwork and fittings plus the most popular selling MVHR units are kept in stock in our UK-based warehouse, which means that you receive the best possible delivery dates.
- All goods are expertly packed by a professional team so that your equipment is received in pristine condition ready for installation.
- All deliveries co-ordinated to suit your specific requirements and construction programme.
- Specialist team fully conversant with all documentation requirements for a smooth order and delivery service.
We only use the couriers with the highest standard of service that include
- Pallet Network
- Speedy freight