Sales and Installation
Ventilation System Sales and Installation
BPC have one of the largest ranges of ventilation systems available from the leading ventilation manufacturers. Whatever your requirement, from apartments to commercial buildings, we will have a solution.
We can professionally design and supply, then (if required), install a bespoke ventilation system using our in-house, experienced, technical team. The result being a quiet and energy efficient ventilation system to suit your needs and at a guaranteed low price, with the option of:
- Supply only basis suitable for DIY installation with detailed plans, all required materials and full technical support. (Service available worldwide)
- Full turn-key and after-care services by our trained technicians (Service available throughout the UK and Ireland)
- Shop online at our comprehensive online shop which has all the products required to install your own system allowing you to buy what you want now
- Trade discount available to approved installers and Developers
Purchase Cost of a Heat Recovery System
An average heat recovery unit for a domestic 5-bedroom home of 250 m2 consists of the following costs:
- Heat recovery units vary in cost from £800 to £2,500
- Radial ducting (most popular) approx. £1,200
- Average cost is between £2,000 for a quality but basic system to £3,300 for a top of the range system with high controllability and all features
- Installation is normally done by any competent person, but we also have installers in almost all locations in the UK and Ireland, if required, at an additional cost (cost varies depending on location)
Where is the heat recovery unit normally installed?
The heat recovery unit can either be installed in a plant room, store room or attic space, the preferred location should be in a central position allowing for easy access to all rooms preventing any longer than required duct runs
Running Cost of a Heat Recovery System
As the main part of a heat recovery system is the counter flow heat exchanger itself which requires no power due to using a heat exchanging plate system, power usage is very minimal and average annual cost can be as low as £20 to £30. Regardless of size their running costs are low and is always offset by the amount of heat saved.
Maintenance Cost of a Heat Recovery System
A heat recovery system requires little maintenance once commissioned. If you keep the filters clean by annually replacing (average cost of £35) and checking that any water drains are working you should have no issues. After about 5 years it is recommended that you remove and clean the heat exchanger, but this is also suitable for any competent person to do.
Where can you buy a heat recovery system?
Most manufactures do not work with the public and if they do they are obliged to supply the materials to you at the recommend retail price (RRP)
If you purchase your unit through someone through e-bay or an electrical supplier they cannot provide any technical support, advice or warranty issues
This is where we rise above all the competition as we are independent suppliers and can specify the correct system for your home and usually at a lower cost than anyone else due to the amount of systems we supply throughout the UK and EU
- Largest independent suppliers of Heat Recovery Systems
- Large stock of all popular items in our new modern warehouse
- Only pay for what materials or services you receive
- Send back what materials you do not use
- Free technical support and advice
- Bespoke in-house design service
- No charge for secure credit card payments
- DIY kit specialist providing technically advanced systems at guaranteed low costs
- Trade discounts
- Large showroom
- Finance options (not available to trade customers)
Other Recommendation if installing a heat recovery system
- Use a cooker extraction fan with a recirculating filter
- Any wood burning stoves should have their own independent air supply
- All bathrooms should have a manual boost switch for the ventilation system
- Don’t forget that you will need a condensation drain from the unit
- Provide a small gap below doors to allow air circulation throughout the house
- How are you venting outside?
- Make sure the unit will fit through any trap doors
- Some large units are very heavy
Heating system recommendations
If building a new house to very good airtightness we always recommend that you have some form of heating system, don’t worry you should not need a large system but we have known people building houses to near passive standard without any heating and regretting it.
A heat recovery system will recover the heat but not generate heat unless it is fitted with a heater system, the best possible heating system for a heat recovery system will provide a gentle and continuous warmth from either water or electric underfloor heating or electronically controlled radiator
It is possible to install a heating solution to a heat recovery as a backup or comfort heating during cold weather, the options on this can be either an electric based pre-or post-heater or a water based battery (think of a radiator in your car) and is powered by your heating system.
All our heat recovery systems have a natural ventilation cooling option that is also called a summer by-pass, this allows the system to extract the warm air and supply fresh filtered air at the same temperature as outside, this should in most cases reduce the indoor temperature to just slightly more than outside
If your house suffers from solar gain and has excessive heat build-up you could either install an air condition system to the unit or by revering an air source heat pump via a water cooler battery
Free Design Service & Estimate
We will be happy to provide you with a free design and estimate for a ventilation system.
If you would like to receive a free quote, please fill in your information in the form and upload any plans if you have them. One of our expert staff will respond to you with a free quotation promptly!
Send Us Your Plans for your Free, No Obligation Estimate
Our Featured Products
Regular Price: £693.00
Special Price Excluding VAT £575.00 including VAT £690.00