Here you will find helpful information about Heat Recovery and Ventilation from
general advice and information manuals and product Videos. Select the category
that you would like to see resources for.
What is d-MEV
What Is a Decentralised Mechanical Extract Fan - dMEV
A decentralised Mechanical Extract Ventilation (d-MEV) system is a low energy, continuous mechanical extract ventilation system designed to replace conventional bathroom fans and draw moisture laden air out of the wet rooms (bathrooms and utility) providing a quieter and more efficient system.
- Replaces conventional extractor fans
- Prevents condensation & mould growth
- App controlled models available
- Constant volume, continuously running extract ventilation
- Fitted with low watt DC motors for minimum energy consumption
- Incredibly quiet running below 20 dB(A)
- SAP Appendix Q eligible achieving
- Low Specific Fan Power
- Low voltage version available
- Complies with Building Regulations, Part F, for System 3 - Continuous Mechanical Extract
- One fan for all situations
- Ease of installation and commissioning of speed settings
- Highly versatile, can be installed into walls and ceilings
- Ease of maintenance
- Timer, humidity sensor and pullcord models
- Manufactured in the UK
- Up to 5-year warranty
Usually installed in the bathroom wall or ceiling in replacement of the conventional fan extracting continuously at a normal low ventilation rate stale polluted air. A flow of fresh air from outside is supplied by a Pozidry Positive Input Ventilation unit or window vents.
The fans run continuously at near silent levels providing a simple and effective form of extract ventilation.
What is the difference between a MEV and a dMEV?
The dMEV system works under the same principle as whole house mechanical extract ventilation (MEV) but with individual fan installed directly in the kitchen and every wet room in the property. This sleek and stylish bathroom extract fan is quiet, energy efficient with 2 speed continuous ventilation system.
The current Building Regulations Approved Document F gives examples of four main methods of ventilation with the most popular being System 3, continuous mechanical extract ventilation.
This can be achieved using a decentralised individual fans (dMEV) in the ‘wet’ rooms.
In highly insulated dwellings e.g. <5ach@50Pa, background ventilators to 2500mm2 are required in all habitable rooms. If used in conjunction with a positive ventilation unit (PIV) there is no further requirement for window trickle vents.
D-MEV systems comply with BRE digest 398 under continuous mechanical extract ventilation and meets the minimum fan power requirement of 0.5w/l/s in the ‘Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide’ (2010 edition).
There are a number of control options available to increase the speed from PIR sensors, Humidity sensors and switched live from light switches
Benefits of working with BPC Ventilation
- Number 1 leading MVHR and ventilation system specialists
- Large range of systems for domestic and commercial applications
- Authorised distributors
- In-house design service
- Full technical support
- 1000s of products in stock in our own warehouse
- Large showroom with working units on display
- Installer network throughout the UK and Ireland
- All systems comply to all the latest building control regulations
Domestic MVHR (Heat Recovery)
- Heat Recovery Benefits
- Heat Recovery FAQ
- BPC MVHR Installation Guide
- MVHR Units | BPC Ventilation Ltd
- DIY Heat Recovery Kits
- Ventilation Design Service
- BPC Ventilation - Ducting Kits
- Ducting Solutions
- Sales and Installation
- Our Products
- MVHR Installation Service
- MVHR Control and Sensors
- Product and Installation Training
- Passive House
- Trade Discount
- BPC Ventilation Catalogues
- BPC Ventilation Catalogues
- MVHR Buyers Guide
- Ducting Buyers Guide
- Vent Axia MVHR Product Catalogue
- Duco MVHR Product Catalogue
- Domus MVHR Product Catalogues
- Mitsubishi Single Room MVHR Catalogues
- Ventilation Building Regulations
- Xpelair MVHR Product Catalogue
- Nuaire MVHR Product Catalogues
Commercial MVHR(Heat Recovery)
MEV Mechanical Extract
PIV Positive Ventilation
CVS Central Vacuum
Ventilation Cooling & Heating
Distributors for the worlds leading ventilation manufacturers
We are distributors and stockists of the leading ventilation products